Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A proud shareholder!

Mark the date: April 2, 2007. I have bought a share of Berkshire Hathaway BRK.B and now Mr Warren Buffett officially works for me :). I am very excited to have made such a progress in my dream. I made my reservation for the shareholders' dinner at Gorat's and will be purchasing my flight ticket tonight.

I had not experience such a passion for something since back in my early teens when soccer meant everything. I went on throughout high school without really looking forward, and even though I did really good, this lack of focus led me to some stupid years in college. I am very excited to have found what I had been looking for and to have the time to read and study more about it. I enjoy finance and investing very much. I have been buying and enjoying many classic investing books such as Graham's "The Intelligent Investor" and Lynch's "One up on Wall Street" among many others which I think I will be reviewing here for my future pleasure.

Back to Berkshire and my visit to the Oracle of Omaha, I think that I need to register with whoever is in charge of the shareholder services department, I am frustrated that there is so little information in the Berkshire website. I will continue working towards achieving my dream and will keep posting!

QOTD: “The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.” - WB

BTW I Found a nice blog, The Intelligent Investor Club, it has a collection of the Chairman's letters, it is definitely worth a visit.

1 comment:

Martin Lee said...

Thanks for mentioning my site!