Sunday, March 4, 2007

Start: A dream

I have a wish of attending the Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting in order to listen to Warren Buffet and meet many millionaires from all over the country and the world. This is where I will be posting my daily progress to achieve that dream.

The event is in 2 months and my I have my plan ready. I have asked my mother for $3600 dlls so that I can buy a share of b-class stock, this will entitle me to go to the meeting. I have yet to ask if I can go even though I would be a 2 month old shareholder, but I dont think there will be a problem with that. Now my real challenge is to buy it as a mexican citizen, this would entitle me to attend the international shareholders event to which only 400 people attended last year. This is my biggest shot to actually meet Mr Buffet. The goal is to take a picture with him.

I have contacted Scottrade and am waiting on their reply as to how I could open an account as a foreign national, if this is impossible I would just try to use my regular corporate brokerage statement and my passport to get a pass to the event. I will also try to contact the company (Berkshire) to see how I would go about that. Meanwhile I have my calendar marked for April 1st which is the date to make reservations to have dinner at Warren's favorite restaurant.

For the trip itself I need to look for a place to stay and a way to get there. Since the meeting is the weekend after my bday I plan on just giving myself this as a gift.

To be continued.....

No comments: